Tuesday, February 5, 2008

fashion

Im afriad today I dont have a clever photoshop or an interesting view for you. I think Ive run out of steam with this project, there were a couple of ideas I thought to try, but to be honest they wernt very interesting or clever. I try to avoid posting a photo for the sake of posting a photo, Id rather post a photo which I find interesting in one way or another. (that probs didnt make too much sense) Anyway I think, for me at least, this has been one of the best projects in terms of pushing you and keeping you going. Putting a fresh photo on everyday whilst trying to fit it to a theme has been a good challenge and Its definately got me photographing more.

Also ive chosen the ones for my final selection, got 3 printed off today. Of course I shall get the rest printed tomorrow. There does seem to be somewhat of a green tinge to one of them - although it seems to correct itself under tungsten glow of my room. If others are looking to print I think I saw a poster in the toilet in bonnington (as you do) advertising 6 A2 sheets for a tenner - of course I notice this AFTER ive got them printed elsewhere...but such is life.

Anyway, the above. This was from last night, I was photographing a dress for a flatmate which she had made for her project. It was taken in my living room with a bowens portaflash (that porta bit should be illegal for misrepresentation or something - Im sure they make lighter cars) Saying that it did the job, perhaps a little to well. Im not the most experianced in the studio, but white on white im sure isnt the easiest regardless - I had quite a few problems with bleaching on the dress. Basically there wasnt enough space for the model to move away from the wall (and light projecting onto the back wall) Still, its always good to set yourself a challenge...

1 comment:

Owain said...

I've found myself running out of steam and motivation towards the end Tom, just doing it to see it through now, which is a shame ...

Have really enjoyed following your blog throughout and you've done really well to keep it going and come up with new and inventive stuff for so long!