Thursday, January 31, 2008

Shadow of a slice of time being sliced

Whilst most were snuggled up infront of a warm tele or around a pint in a nice cosy pub, Sean Alfie and myself did a little exploring. One thing which the project has helped up (and encouraged us) to do is to take more photos, in turn Ive found myself doing a little more exploration around the city. On our ramblinging tonight we found what looked to be an old depot of some sorts. Quite interesting with chimneys towering behind. I mainly took photo's on film (I only ended up taking 4 photos - but thats not the point) so unfortunately I dont have any to stick on here at the mo.

Most of today Ive been spending developing and scanning film, and Im kicking myself a little for not taking more photos of thsi everyday task. Anyway I thought it appropriate to get a picture (indirectly) of myself taking a photo..

3 comments:

Owain said...

Is that down on Radford Road, back from where the tram crosses?

Always thought that place was a really good subject actually, since the first week when I walked round that area trying to find my halls without actually knowing where they were ... and being drunk didn't help but anyway, it's an interesting bit of architecture if it is where I think it is ...

Tom said...

Um not exactly sure, I kinda just followed (hobbling) I think it was between the Nottm Forest and Nottm County footy pitches. Theres some interesting old stuff round there.

Owain said...

Nope, not Radford Road then, another industrial courtyard loading dock then ... something in there for Sean perhaps, if he isn't already on it ...

Went on a walk that direction last Saturday, didn't go around the Football grounds though, had a sit down by Trent Bridge ...