Friday, January 18, 2008

Take a break and watch the world go by


Today has been more of an experimentation with the fish-eye as well as looking more into the angles. Continuing my exploration into mundane scenes Ive tried to expand on the first person mode. My hope is to remove the frames from the images - as it were - and for the viewer feel as they are in my shoes. The camera acting as a window as opposed to a mirror.
Above, the first is of myself drinking coffee. Something students to a lot of, in a busy day of house hunting and trying to decide where the votes lie with friends I take a break and watch the world go by. Second is my view of watching a film in bed. I included the pillow to try to make it look less like a photo of a tv and more like a view of a tv; if that makes any sense!
Tomorrow, im going to try the one an hour image. Hopefully that should create more of a document of my life. I shall attempt to take it exactly on the hour as to remove and choice of my view point. Any criticisms would be really appreciated or idea's for perspectives I could try... :)


3 comments:

chels said...

really intersting images with the fisheye tom! impressive!! x

Tom said...

cheers :) its a nice thing to play with, so completely different to any other lens..

sassy said...

yep....fisheye! always gets a big thumbs wup from me! whOOp!!